zaterdag 12 november 2016

Petit A Petit Block Party: Friday dress



All through November Celina from Petit a Petit patterns organizes a block party for bloggers from around the world. I was so surprised and super excited to get an invitation for Emi to this really cool party with so many amazing seamstresses!


We had a few months time to decide what to make with the Petit a Petit patterns. During the summer I tried the reversible swimsuit pattern, but I couldn't wait for November to blog about it. 


I changed my mind a million times until I spotted the Friday dress of Inês. Petit a Petit is about to release this new pattern, stay tuned! I was part of the testers group and fell for this pattern while making it step by step.


The Friday dress is not a quick sew, but you'll be so pleased with the result. It's worth it, to take the time to make this dress. With the excellent instructions everyone can sew this pattern and learn a lot along the way. 


I made size 3-4 y for my girl with a pointy collar, a belt, a wide skirt to twirl in, long sleeves, an inverse pleat at the back and a zipper in the side seam. You could say I went for the full option dress! Discover the many other options soon on Celina's blog.


The fabric I used is a soft double gauze from Georgette, an eco friendly Belgian fabric shop. It's an amazing fabric you can even use on both sides and the modern grid print just goes with everything.


I made some winter accessories to combine with the dress. A knitted beanie and a gilet in the softest longhaired fake fur.


For the photoshoot we went to one of Antwerps new landmarks, the park bridge. The light is amazing when the sun shines trough the asymmetric holes. And my daughter was happy to ride her bike a dozen times up and down this footbridge.


I had so much fun at this friendly neighborhood party! But it ain't over yet, keep following the tour and be sure to participate in the big giveaway!


Nov. 1st - Sweetkm | Nov. 2nd - The Sara Project | Nov. 3rd - La Folie | Nov. 4th - Hello Holli | Nov. 5th - Chalk and Notch | Nov. 6th - Sewing Like Mad | Nov. 7th - Beatnik Kids | Nov. 8th - Stitched Together | Nov. 9th - Coffee and Thread | Nov. 10th - Made by Toya | Nov. 11th - Stahlarbeit | Nov. 12th - Lily en Woody | Nov. 13th - My Petite Sophie | Nov. 14th - Handmade Frenzy | Nov. 15th - Paisley Roots | Nov. 16th - While she was sleeping | Nov. 17th - My Cozy co | Nov. 18th - A Jennuine Life | Nov. 19th - Knee Socks and Goldilocks | Nov. 20th - Sanae Ishida | Nov. 21st - Little Cumquat | Nov. 22nd - Gaafmachine | Nov. 23rd - Craftstorming | Nov. 24th - Made by Sara | Nov. 25th - Buzzmills | Nov. 26th - Bartacks and Singletrack | Nov. 27th - Moineau & Petit Pois | Nov. 28th - Naii | Nov. 29th - Just Add Fabric | Nov. 30th - Mie Made Memories | Enjoyful Makes | Dec. 1st - Petit a Petit and Family

a Rafflecopter giveaway


Patterns: Friday dress by Petit a Petit patterns
  Nette beanie - Jules en Julie 
Gilet - Mme Zsazsa
Fabric: Lange à carreaux - Georgette
Fake fur by MAAN - Mondepot

20 opmerkingen:

  1. Prachtig jurkje, heel mooi gecombineerd en wat een mooie foto's ook!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I want to wear it myself! Lovely dress.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Prachtig! En wat een leuke locatie voor foto's

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Zo'n mooi jurkje!! En die brug... wát een locatie voor foto's!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. LOVE! <3 Great fabric choice and perfect styling!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. I love it! Mooi in al z'n eenvoud en precies het soort uitdaging dat ik graag heb in een naaiproject!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. I love this dress so much. SO MUCH. In fact, I want one for myself!!! It's so beautiful, really <3 Thank you for joining us for the party!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. I love it, I love it, I love it... dit liedje gaat de hele tijd door mijn hoofd terwijl ik jouw post lees!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Perfect plaatje: de jurk, de outfit, de locatie en dat hele schattige meisje! Patroon ziet er geweldig uit, iets meer moeite, wat zeker loont in dit geval. Prachtig!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Waaawie, geweldig mooi jurkje, mooie foto's en een prachtig meisje!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Wat een mooi kleedje !!
    (jammer dat ik niet kan meedoen aan de give-away zonder instagram account)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Zalig stofje he! Ligt hier ook nog te wachten op een project ...
    Zalige jurk !!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. WOW! Your photos, your styling, your colors, your sewing, your girl....this is just absolutely amazing! I could not love it more!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. SO sorry I am so late at commenting here. I just love this so much. It's PERFECTION in so many ways, from the photos to the styling and your fabric choice. Thank you so much for being part of the tour. <3

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen