zondag 3 april 2016

Miss Polly dress blog tour: day 1



A few days after the mail from Canada I received a mail from even further away. Suz from Sewpony lives in Australia and she asked me to be part of the blog tour of her newest pattern the Miss Polly dress


Ever since I tried the Little Betty top I've been a fan of Sewpony, so of course my answer was "yes". For the international readers I'll write my post in English today, but my blog is more a photo-blog than a-lot-of-words-blog, so you're welcome to visit anytime.


Back to Miss Polly, it's a vintage dress that challenges you to play with different fabric combinations and a lot of piping options! There are three sleeve lengths possible and the sizes go from 12 months up to 10 years. I choose the sleeves version and the full option dress with shoulder flaps and the apron pocket. Size 2 years is a perfect fit for my average sized two year old.



The vintage hiding cats fabric is quite busy, so I limited the piping to only one line between the upper and the lower front part. To the back I added a little extra by choosing a visible zipper instead of the recommended blind zipper.



My daughter wore her dress for Easter, hence the bunny ears on her head :-) I used the opportunity to take some pictures of her in my mother-on-laws vintage porch. She was very interested in the Easter tree, but managed not to break any eggs.


Now hurry to the pattern shop to get your copy of Miss Polly! There is a 15% discount code valid from Monday 4th of April until Friday 15th of April: MISSPOLLY15. This code works for the other patterns too!

pattern: Miss Polly dress by Sewpony
fabric: Hiding cats by Cosmo, bought at Petite Couture




20 opmerkingen:

  1. Wat een mooie Miss Polly dress! Ik had ze al een paar keer gezien. Heel apart met die schouderstukjes. Leuk!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Ik had geen tijd voor de testerstour (helaas, want ik vind Miss Polly zooooooo mooi!), maar ik denk dat ik mij nu wel het kortingkaarten ga aanschaffen! Prachtig met die grote zak!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Heel gaaf, de jurk staat haar super en hele mooie fotos weer!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Dat schouderstukje zeg... oh zo mooi -)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Dat was ook mijn eerste reactie bij Miss Polly... Ooh die schouderstukjes!

      Verwijderen
  5. Heel mooi ! Tot welke maat gaat dit patroon ?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Dankje! Het patroon gaat van 12 maanden tot 10 jaar.

      Verwijderen
  6. It's gorgeous thank you Sylvia!!! It looks perfect on your daughter 😀

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Sylvia, I love this version of the dress. I think the exposed zipper adds a nice touch. Love the fabric!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Oh, dat stofje daar heb ik ook veel in mijn mandje gehad. Een prachtig jurkje.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Such a gorgeous dress! I love this version so much. Now I really want to make a sleeveless version for summer!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Super mooi! Helemaal fan van de lijnen in deze jurk!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. echt top! en opnieuw een superleuke stoffencombinatie

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. It's gorgeous!! Love the fabric and the colors! And she is adorable!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen