donderdag 30 juli 2015

Ileana dress by Compagnie M: pattern tour



The Ileana dress is the special name of the new pattern by the hand of the talented Marte from Compagnie M. I should say "patternS", because Ileana has so many options, you could make a million different dresses. At the photoshoot Marte organized for the testers, it was really fun to see all the variations made with one and the same pattern. I'll give you a little look behind the seances...


As I couldn't choose between the floral collar and the petit pan collar or the option with or without the button placket, I made two dresses. Let's start today with the dress in the most beautiful fabric ever, a cooperation between bambiblauw and the melkbrigade. I love the colors, the print, the softness,… it's just amazing this swan fabric!



With only 50 cm of fabric I managed to sew the Ileana regular bodice with cap sleeves, a continuous print at the back and a gathered skirt of the full fabric width (140cm). I added the round petit pan collar and a button placket with buttons that match the legs of the swans.



The Ileana is designed with a full or a half circular skirt, but the pattern is interchangeable with other Compagnie M patterns, like for example the Lotta skirt!




I really enjoyed sewing Ileana and I'm very happy with the result. The fit is perfect and my little girl looks so cute in it, I could just eat her - It's an expression in Dutch, I'm not sure it makes sense in English :-)



She had a lot of fun on the photoshoot day at park spoor noord in Antwerp, with beautiful pictures as a result. Today's pictures are mostly taken by me, but there are a lot more to come of my floral Ileana dress with Marte as the photographer. On instagram I showed already a little sneak peak. Stay tuned to see the floral detail I added to the pockets. If you feel like sewing an Ileana dress yourself, you can now buy the pattern with the 10% discount code ILEANA10.


18 opmerkingen:

  1. Je dochter is inderdaad om op te vreten, heerlijk jurkje ook!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. De mooiste van allemaal, dat ik u het zeg ;-)
    En ik blijf jaloers van de haartjes ;-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Oh, dat popje is echt om op te eten! Wat een schatje! En de jurk is geweldig, ik kan het niet genoeg herhalen. Zo mooi gedaan!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Verbijsterend dat je dat uit een half metertje haalde ;)
    Ik vind het prachtig, de jurk staat haar ook zo mooi!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Gewoonweg prachtig. Maar je andere vind ik zeker even mooi. Zo fan van beide! Merci om twee Iliana jurkjes te naaien. :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Prachtig jurk; de typische Ileana-details passen hier volledig <3

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. je hebt helemaal gelijk, ze is om op te eten :-)
    Supermooi! Ik vind de blauwe band onderaan ook heel erg mooi!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Zo prachtig, telkens weer als ik het zie!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Echt een halve meter? Ik vind het prachtig, de kleuren, de print,... Je dochtertje is inderdaad om op te eten.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Amaai, zo'n mooi jurkje! Ik moet me inhouden om het niet na te maken :-)!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen